Thursday, May 10, 2007

Silent for too long

Sorry about that, been very, very, very busy if you know what I mean. Trying to get the house spruced up for summer and been working as much overtime as I can, and still trying to be a dad at the same time. Alex will one day be old enough to manage on her own so I can work outside and just watch from a distance, but I am in no rush. I really do enjoy being a dad, but boy you have to get stuff done when you have a chance, because the rest of the time you are the entertainment.
For instance today was the true introduction to the sandbox and at first she showed absolutly no interest, well just add some little shovels and a pail and wha-lah instant favorite. Alex doesn't like getting sand on her hands or feet which makes playing in the sandbox a little odd, I tried putting her in the sand box and she started throwing a fit, so I just figured she is happy playing from the side, well the only problem with that is she wants the sand to be outside the sandbox with her. Oh well I have an extra 50 lb. bag of sand, when I see about 50 lbs missing I will just add it. Of course that may not take long at the rate she was dumping it out.
I have my child/infant CPR course tonight, that is required for adopting a child, cannot figure out why I have to have it but people that have kids on their own don't. Now I'm not saying that it isn't a good thing, but why is it that there is a standard for one person to be a parent, but for the other there isn't. Never have understood that, never will.
Looking so foward to getting the dossier finished, we are almost done, just have a couple of doctor appointments to finish and that will hopefully be it, we are hoping to have it submitted by the end of June (don't quote me on that), then the real wait begins. There is a little worry that they are going to shut China down for adoptions, there is word that they are shutting down Russia, and Guatamala adoptions. All we can do is hope and pray that they don't do something like that.
Well just wanted to stop by and say something, I know that it has been too long. Todd>>>>

No comments: