Saturday, January 3, 2009

Adoption video has been shut down

Well I got a lovely letter from youtube yesterday letting me know that they have shut down my adoption video due to copywrite law violations for my use of Colour my world by Chicago in it. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I was right by using it, but if I own the CD should I have the right to use the song in a family video as long as I am not profiting from the music? It's not like you could search youtube for the song and play it whenever you wanted, it was just part of a story. Oh well, if you got to see it I hope you enjoyed it, I guess it will now be a private family thing. Greedy people do things like this, I wish I could meet who ever did this, I would like them to give me a really good explanation for pulling my video, what was it the last song on the video? So you would have to listen to 2 or 3 (10 minutes)songs to get to it............................

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hi there! Hope you are doing well. I really recommend Viddler.com -- we have our China video hosted there. I will be in touch soon. emailed my GHC coordinator but I think her email changed.