Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Drum Roll Please...............

There is a story to this bed and it starts way back in September. We were at H*me D*pot looking at paint for the kitchen. Alex was a little whiny so I gave her a brochure of a kids bedroom that had a Cinderella bed on it. (to amuse her-- so I thought). She immediately started showing me this bed and telling me she wanted it and for the next week she had that brochure and would tell me and show me at every opportunity how much she wanted this bed. Finally-- I had to sneakily throw that brochure away. I thought to myself-- out of site out of mind. Did I think wrong-- the mind of a 3 year old shows no mercy. That girl has asked for a Cinderella bed everyday since then and we kept pacifying her by saying " Santa will bring it to you" . Well -- TADA--- here it is the INFAMOUS CINDERELLA BED. She loves it. She climbed right up on it and had no problems sleeping on it the first night.
I must say that "Santa" had quite a time finding the bedding. "Santa" couldn't really find anything she liked until she came across this and "Santa" could still live without the princesses in the corner on it but "Santa" loves the toile sheets. We still need to put the curtains up but here is a picture so you get the general idea.
MORAL OF THE STORY: BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU HAND A TODDLER TO AMUSE THEM. IT MAY COME BACK TO HAUNT YOU.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: