Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Crazy Clothing

 
For those of you familiar with how the Chinese dress their children you already know this but I just had to share this one because it is crazy. It has been in the 80's here in Wuhan. I have had sweat rolling down my back. The humidity is not quite smothering yet but it is getting there. The people wear long sleeves and sweaters and tights in this weather. You see them sweating and yet this is how they dress.
When we picked Abby up she had everything on that is in the picture. She was sweating so bad her entire head was wet. They went out to their car to get a towel to put under her shirt to sop up the sweat and still they kept her coat on. When we got her back to the room I peeled 3 layers off on top and two on the bottom on an eighty degree day. Unbelievable. Yesterday, I dressed her in a short sleeve shirt and put a jacket on her and she was still sweating so we took that jacket off. I got so many dirty looks but I just don't care. I can't imagine how miserable that is. I know she is used to it but I feel sorry for these kids. We were at the market today and some woman had her kid in a wool coat.... yes wool so you can imagine the look I got. Abby is wearing a dress today..... that should be a show stopper.LOL.

Faye
Posted by Picasa

No comments: