Sunday, April 26, 2009

Home Update

Well, I know this is all what you have been waiting to see-- Pictures!!!! Especially of the girls together. Aren't they adorable. I took them to the park last night and the minute I put them together to get a picture my camera battery died. Aww Shucks, it was a cute one too. But here are a few of them playing together and having fun.

It has certainly been a very emotional and trying 3 days. We are all tired and not getting much sleep and that makes for some difficult moments. As you can all see, the airport reunion was so sweet and Alex and Abby did great together. Abby even went in to the carseat without a peep. We still haven't heard a thing about that carseat and I thought she would have a meltdown about it. Nope.

The first day at home was extremely difficult. Alex is very jealous and was having hourly meltdowns. It was so sad. I could see the grieving . I could see her pain. We just kept reassuring her that we loved her but it was very difficult. Mei Mei did great. She is a very happy girl and loves to play. She smiles all the time. She is very adorable. She is having a very hard time with Todd. She does let him give her a bath. She will play with him but as far as letting him touch her much-- she just won't.
And night time well she only wants me. She will go down at bedtime and go to sleep but she wakes up and between 4 and 5 is her bewitching hour. She is only consoled with me holding her and laying down with her but it is this time when the affection happens. She will put both her hands around my cheeks. She looks deep in my eyes and smiles alot. She has even given me REAL KISSES. This happened the first night we were home. She will do it and then sometimes wipe it off. Kinda funny but not. She still gives me finger kisses too.

The second day Alex was still having meltdowns. We went to the zoo thinking it would be something familiar and fun for Alex and she did okay for a while but toward the end she needed a nap and she just sobbed. Poor girl.

Day 3 was better. The girls played really well together and I went and bought a double stroller. I had to. If I pick one up the other wants to be carried and I just can't do it when I am by myself. And Alex likes her stroller-- she always has. And Mei Mei likes the stroller too. I know they are older but for my sanity and taking 2 with me and keeping track of them-- I had to get it.

Abby is talking more. She was just sitting on my lap and pointing to different parts on my face. I would tell her what they were and she would repeat it. Now that she is not around any Chinese language anymore I think the English will come. She is very happy go lucky and smiles alot. She loves to read certain books. She has been in to all the toys-- that girl can make a room look like a tornado hit it in less than 10 minutes. (We will have to work on that later). She is a little daredevil too. She loves to jump on the bed, she loves it when Todd throws her in the air. She has no fear. She is also a little accident prone. I see ER visits in her future. In China, she took a face dive off a chair on to the marble floor and then she flipped herself off the bed and cracked her head on the marble floor. I almost had a heart attack. Since we have been home, she fell up the steps, she fell down about 5 steps on to the hardwood floor, she fell and skinned her knees yesterday. She just has that clumsy toddler run and I think she isn't used to the new shoes. She LOVES the cat. I was laughing so hard at her last night. They were nose to nose. I got some pictures of it. And this girl loves to eat ALL the time. She loves fruit- bananas, grapes, oranges, and apples. And she will eat the whole thing not just a few pieces. .

Well I better go. She is up and in to everything. My sweet mischieveous girl.

Blessings to all.
Faye


Posted by Picasa

No comments: