Friday, April 17, 2009

Thank heavens for Guangzhou

We finally made it to Guangzhou, we arrived at about 8 pm I am going to guess. We wasted no time taking advantage of the food here in Guangzhou, our guide Helen called in an order for Papa John's pizza from the airport while we were taking our 45 minute ride to the White swan hotel. Well we no sooner got to our room and the phone rang letting us know that our pizza had arrived. Faye was so excited to have something normal. I thought it tasted a little off, but was good none the less. We also wasted no time in getting ready for bed.
Our final day in Wuhan was kind of sad for me as it was Abby's final day in Wuhan. She was very much a daddy's girl yesterday and I think part of it was the fact that we had packed up the hotel and I don't think she knew what to think. I know that she is still confused, we still don't see any affection from her and when we try to give her kisses she normally covers her eyes and shoves our faces away. She will let us kiss the top of her head but that is about it. In a nice way I am very happy to have left Wuhan.
This morning we got up and had the delicious White swan buffet breakfast. Ahhhhh how good it was, they really do have a great breakfast buffet. After breakfast we all met up to go get the medical exam done, it is about a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel. After the medical exam Faye, Abby and I had about a half hour to tour while everyone else was finishing up their medical appointments, so we ventured out and found a little playground and Abby knew right what to do. She played on the slide for until it was time to meet up with the rest of the group, and when I went to get her to go she let me know of her displeasure with that idea. Needless to say Faye had to grab her. We made it to the victory hotel to meet up with the rest of our group and finish up some paperwork.
Lunch at Lucy's was good, Faye had gotten their big ICED TEA and was so happy, I think that is about one of the only places you can get drinks with ice in them, they make their ice using bottled water. After lunch Faye and I attempted some shopping but it is pouring down rain so I let Faye go on without me and brought Abby back to the room. So that is about it from Guangzhou.>>>>>Todd

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Ah... good food! So happy for you! Don't forget to try the Italian Restaurant on the island. It is on the opposite end from the White Swan and where you enter the island. The pizza is FABULOUS and so was everything else! I think we ate there 3 times!!! I went back to my blog to see if I had mentioned the name but alas, I didn't! Anyway, here is a link to my "restaurant review". Just a little light reading when the jetlag hits at 2am! Ha!


http://www.myadoptionwebsite2.com/ainsleyanne/trip082208.htm