Saturday, April 11, 2009

Great Wall and Great Sickness

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa


Hi Everyone-- it is Faye posting. This is my first post here from China. It has been quite an eventful trip so far. As you know, first our flight was delayed almost 24 hours. But we finally arrived here safe and sound. We got to the hotel about 11 am on the first day and had to be ready for the tour of the Forbidden City at noon. We got back about 7 pm and decided to go for dinner. Me being the experimental type and all, I tried some spicy seafood soup ( it was so spicy you couldn't even begin to eat it) and then I got prawns with shrimp paste. Well, I started feeling bad in the middle of the night and by morning I was sick as a dog. I could barely make it out of bed my body ached so bad and I was nauseated so I drugged myself up ( Cipro, Peptobismol, Pepcid, Ibuprofen, and Xanax) and spent the entire day in bed. I finally got up at 5 pm and felt a little better. I don't know if I had a bit of flu or food poisoning but whatever it was it made me miss the Great Wall and Summer Palace. We fly out to Wuhan tomorrow and will get Abby on Monday. Pray for good bonding. We got a little update on her and they said her nickname is Mei Mei which means little sister in Chinese so I am thinking that we may call her that because after all she will be the little sister. We got to talk to Alex today and she asked if we had her little sister yet. She was excited that she had gotten lip gloss as one of her gifts while we were gone (she gets to open up one gift a day until we get back.) Well, I must go pack. We have to rearrage our bags a bit. Chinese airlines only allow your bags to be 44 lbs and we were a little over that in one.
Blessings to all. Stay tuned for the good stuff.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh Faye! I hope you are feeling better! You both have had an eventful trip - it will make a good story to tell your sweet girl someday! Praying for you all, we're headed on vacation, but I'm hoping they have internet access. I don't want to miss Gotcha day! Hugs!

Michelle R Photography said...

Oh Faye, I feel so bad for you... first the delayed flight, and then food poisoning!! I sure hope that you are getting all of the kinks worked out early in the trip so that the rest of it will be smooth sailing!! To think, in less than 48 hours, Abby will be in your arms!! Oh, happy day!!

Love,
Michelle