Monday, April 13, 2009

We expected the worst and got the BEST

 
 
 
 

What can I say other than we are the lucky parents of two beautiful girls. We have now had Gabriella Hope Fu Yin for over 2 hours minus care takers and have yet to hear her cry. She is such a big girl and is everything that we hoped for. We went to the civil affairs office and went upstairs and there were a group of people sitting there will a little girl. Our guide had explained that we needed to take a seat and they would be right with us, stating that they had other adoptions going on. I sat down and started looking at this little girl and thought to myself, boy does she look like Abby. But I sat there and waited until Faye busted out the M & M's and here she came without a missed beat. She took the bag of M&M's from Faye and ran back to her caretaker that brought her to Wuhan. We blew bubbles and she loved that. They took us into the room where the paperwork is handled, she was such a big girl. We are absolutely in love. We are back to the hotel and she is over playing with Faye while I write, Faye has already taken the 6 layes of clothes that they had on her off and she is now sporting some american duds. Write more later, on with the pictures.>>>>Todd
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Congratulations on your new beautiful baby girl! What a great family this little girl has joined

Michelle R Photography said...

Todd and Faye,
I am just so extremely happy for you both. You finally have your girl and she is smiling from ear to ear. And what a BEAUTIFUL smile it is!!! It is obvious her foster family has been preparing her for this moment. Praise the Lord!!

Congratulations!!

Love,
Michelle

Unknown said...

What a delightful little girl she is!! I agree with Shelly...what a wonderful family this little girl has joined and from the smiles on her face I suspect she already knows that!! Oh how I am enjoying this journey with you...thank you so much for sharing it!

Marie Routman

Kim said...

Oh my goodness....I have never seen such a happy face and smooth transition! What a tremendous blessing to accept your new daughter into your arms when she's smiling from ear to ear!!! I'm so excited and happy for your family.
Kim H