Wednesday, April 15, 2009

More on Abby

 
 
 
 
Well, our third day with our girl went well. We keep finding out more and more about her. Alot of people were wondering how big she is. It is really hard to tell from the pictures. She is little. I would say about 25 or 26 lbs. A 2T would fit her perfect. Of course, I brought all 3T but she will grow in to them and better a little big than not big enough. She is not very tall. Probably 36 inches. I would say the measurements they gave us were pretty accurate.

They gave me a really nice "baby book". It has pictures of her from when she was just a baby and all about the orphanage. It is really nice.

She is a little snacky snackerson. She would snack all day long if you let her. She likes spicy food. Even stuff that is almost too spicy for me she will eat. She doesn't like fried food at all and she loves loves loves noodles and rice. She will drink water like it is going out of style and of course likes soda. We have given her a little sprite.

I started her on an antibiotic. She has a cough and runny nose plus her ear had some big nasty scabs inside (she finally let me clean her ear last night) so I just decided it wouldn't hurt. She doesn't like it but she takes it without too much hassle over it. Her scar was itching her really bad last night. I have been putting lotion on it but there is a small open area over it. I put some neospor*n and a Dor*a bandaid on it and she loved that. She keeps saying "oo oo ah ah" like a little monkey when I told her about Boots.

She is already a little fashionista. She loves her hair bows. I was surprised she doesn't pull them out. She loves her fake jewelry. She still will barely take off her cr*ocs with the little giblets in them. She loves loves loves her panties. I brought all kinds and she will pick out what she wants. She was trying to put 2 pair on this morning. When I got out her new dress last night she already wanted to put it on. She loved the new dresses I got her and Alex too. Uh oh, I'm in trouble. 2 fashionitas in the same house. Lord help me.

She is a little mockingbird. She is still saying her numbers. She will repeat some of her ABCs. She is saying all kinds of English words. Our guide helps us when she speaks Chinese. She told us today in Chinese. "I want it" and I don't want it. Yau and BuYau. She definitely has an opinion on everything. Still going potty good. She tells us everytime and we understand. She loves it when I sing "itsy bitsy spider" -- she is not singing it yet but she does all the motions. It is so cute.

She loves to color. I brought a Hello Kitty coloring book and crayons and she always has those in her backpack at all times. She likes books. She likes the 10 kisses book and the Ladybug book the best.

She is getting a little more affectionate with me. She made kissy lips and kissy sound toward me today but no actual kisses. It is coming , I can feel it. She is pretty cool with Todd sometimes but we figured out that she like a little rough housing so he has been doing that and she has been pretty receptive. She is finally wrapping her legs around us when we hold her and putting her arm around us and letting us get closer. She has really only cried that one time at night. I don't know if that is good or bad but it is what it is. When she wants picked up she says a certain word and it translates to "hug me" so that is good.


All in all I think we are doing great. Keep us in your prayers.
Blessings to all
Faye
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Amie said...

She is ADORABLE! And is sounds like the bonding is coming along swimmingly!!! what a little sweetie pie.. And a Snacky Mcksnackerson? A girl after my own heart!

Congrats again!!!

:)
Amie