Friday, April 24, 2009

The Trip Home

Well, we finally made it home Wednesday night after over 26 hours of traveling. This included 3 plane rides ( one was 3 hours, one 13 hours, and one 1 hour) and 3 three hour layovers at each stop---- all that with a 3 year old. But God love her, she was a trooper. She barely said boo the entire trip and she slept on each leg of the journey. She only cried twice. Once when we first buckled her in and the other with really bad turbulence ( heck, I wanted to cry). Other than that she was an angel and slept alot. ( I only gave her Bendadryl once-- is that bad?) Doesn't she look like a sweet angel sleeping on the plane with her teddy bear as her pillow?
So we had pretty uneventful flights back and Todd posted the pictures from the airport. To say it was sweet-- that is such an understatement. They really seem to have bonded from the beginning. Once we asked them to hold hands they just did it--- adorable.
We got home and I put them in the tub immediately. Abby needed it and Alex wasn't going to let Abby do anything by herself. They had so much fun, laughing and splashing, then it was dry off and jammies on.
We decided to let Abby sleep in Alex's room but in a pack and play. ( Abby seems to enjoy the security of a crib. We found that out in China because she begged us to put her in it so I figured we could just use that pack and play.) It worked just fine but Abby cries in her sleep sometimes so of course Alex was up when she was crying. She cries and then usually goes right back to sleep. Which she did. So all in all it went pretty good.

Thursday and Friday , however, have been very....... ummmmm let's just say---- challenging. I will post more tomorrow. I am exhausted and just need to go to bed. I want to call and talk to people but I just don't have it in me at this very minute. Nite Nite.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Hang in there Faye! I remember just being exhausted those first two weeks home. Thinking of you and sending prayers your way:) Once everyone is on a normal sleep schedule, life gets so much easier!!!

Michelle R Photography said...

Hi Faye,
I agree with Stacy. It takes us adults much longer to get over the jet lag than it does the kids. It took me two weeks, too. :(

Abby looks so peaceful sleeping on the plane. What a HUGE blessing that she slept on all the flights. May I just say, WOW!!!

I can't wait to hear and see more, but for now, get some rest!

Love,
Michelle

Unknown said...

Bless your heart Faye...I can hear the exhaustion in your tone! I agree with your friends, hang in there! Traveling, parenting, it's all challenging...like life it has it's peaks and valleys! One day at a time, one foot in front of the other...keep trucking Mama...it's ALL good!

Amy and Matt said...

It will get easier!! I can't help but think back to those early days. I remember I put a hide a bed in Lily's room and slept there for 2 weeks because she would wake up in the middle of the night and scream. I didn't want her to wake up Jack. Hang in there guys!!

Robin said...

Sorry I am just now getting around to posting.

WELCOME home!!

Hope the jet lag is getting better.