Wednesday, April 15, 2009

More on Abby

 
Well, it is 6 am and I have been up since 4 am. My sleep is all out of whack. The first nights I took some Xanax to help me sleep but now that we have Abby, I don't want to be too sleepy and not wake up if she needs something. Even with the Xanax I was up really early. New environment, New bed. I just get up and get on the computer for a couple of hours. That is how I have so much time to do the blog and I get caught up on my emails and my updates on facebook. Don't ya love technology.
And please let me clarify. I am NOT a habitual Xanax user. I have never taken the stuff before this trip. I did ask the doctor for a prescription so I could sleep on the way over on the plane. He only gave me 10 so I have to use them wisely.

Now on to Abby....... Can I just say... what a little sweetie. We stayed at the hotel for dinner last night. We were exhausted from touring all day and just didn't want to have to deal with the whole deal of what it entails to go out in public. After dinner we went out in front of the hotel and blew bubbles. She was loving that, chasing them everywhere and speaking in her own little language that she has. It was bathtime again and she loved it again. She splashes around and plays with her toys. She and Alex will have a ball in the bathtub together. After her bath, I rubbed her down with lotion, got her jammies on and made her some hot milk. I went to the bathroom and while I was gone, Todd tried to get her to drink her milk but she just sat the cup down. When I came back to the room, she walked over and picked the cup up and pointed to the bed. She wanted me to sit on the bed and hold her while she drank her milk. That is what I did the night before so she must have liked that or her foster mom may have done something like that. So sweet.

I layed her down and she did the same thing she did last night. Got her face really close to mine and smiled and looked in my eyes. She put her finger on her lips and then put her finger on my face. LIke she was putting kisses on my face. She did that over and over again. She still won't kiss me with her lips but she is giving me kisses in her own way.

She woke up with a fever tonight so I gave her some Ibuprofen and she went back to sleep. I am glad I started her on those antibiotics.

Today is our last full day in Wuhan before we move on to Guangzhou.

Hope everyone is well.
Blessings
Faye
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Faye, she just sounds like an absolute dream. What a little sweetie. I love to hear about your bonding and I especially loved hearing how she is already enjoying her bedtime routine with Mommy:) She and Alex will be fabulous together! I CAN'T WAIT to meet her!

Sheryl said...

Todd & Faye,
Just skimmed over your posts. Looks like Abby is doing great! So happy for you. I have tried to call Cynthia a few times and haven't been able to get through. We'll see you tomorrow :) RunYi is doing fine, speaks Chinese to us even though we don't know what she's saying. Bonding is going good so far. Hugs until tomorrow...

Michelle R Photography said...

Oh, I can't wait for those pics posted of your two girls in the tub!! What a smile!!

p.s. Thanks for the reminder that I need to get a prescription for sleep medicine. I really needed that on our last trip.