Thursday, April 16, 2009

Last night in Wuhan

Tonight is our last night in Wuhan, we will check out at about 2 tomorrow afternoon and depart for the airport at around 3:30. Our actual flight to Guangzhou doesn't actually depart until 6 pm, we have to leave early because it takes about an hour with traffic to get to the airport and we certainly don't want to be late. Faye and I are excited about leaving, the only thing that makes me feel bad is that we are offically taking Abby away from everything that she knows and that is sad.
We did spend the day at a Bonzi garden, it was nothing too big, but it actually was interesting, the collection was a small garden of Bonzi trees and this guys rock collection, I'm talking big rock and some of the neatest variations I have ever seen. We will have to post pictures, that will explain a lot. We also went to a tea house, which Faye liked, I don't drink tea so it didn't really matter to me. I did drink a couple of samples as to not be rude. As we were leaving we walked through their little store, I took some pictures of what they consider snacks, duck necks and dried fish. YUMMY!!! Mother may I have another????
We get to Guangzhou tomorrow night and will spend the next 5 nights there, we are excited because it is the last stop before we get to take Abby home. Faye is looking forward to Lucy's iced tea and some good shopping. I am looking forward to the good food in Guangzhou. I hear that the White swan is under construction, I hope the pool isn't. I actually brought my swimsuit and we brought Abby's swimsuit so hopefully we can test out the pool while we are there.
Back to the food real quick, you know our tastes and the Chinese tastes are very different, it is funny to see their interpertations of what they think western food should be like. Down at the buffet they always have waffles or french toast, well they never have syrup, it is always honey and I mean pine tree sap honey, you could super glue steel together with the stuff. The other night I attempted to eat their version of bbq spareribs, well guess what they don't have bullseye bbq sauce either, I think it was either ketchup or tomato paste that they put on these tiny spareribs YUCK!!!! Needless to say that stuff didn't get eaten. If you like varity then eat the Chinese food, normally they have something on the buffet that is very good weather it be the fried rice or some form of noodles, this morning they had pork stuffed dumplings and they were excellent. For those of you that don't like Chinese food then you are going to have issues, either that or there had better be a McDonalds nearby.
Faye and Abby are over there attempting to sleep, I think Faye is asleep and Abby is fighting the sleep, she is wanting to play. Faye is having none of that. She definiately attached more to Faye then to me (that is OK) we spent the first part of the day out touring and she really didn't want nothing to do with me except for maybe carry her, no hand holding, no touching period except for what was required to carry her. If I tried to rub her back she would shove my hands away, if I tried to hold her hand she would run.
She also didn't feel very good today either, she had a little fever, but she seems to be all better now. Faye is being a good mommy, she brought all the good stuff to take care of her. Faye even thought to bring her Dora bandaids and she loves them. She has a little open sore on her arm and Faye has been putting ointment and banding on it and she is always so excited when Faye puts a bandaid on it. The only problem is we are gong to run out of Dora bandaids and that is what she really likes about them. We are going to wait until we get to Guangzhou and see if any of the other familes have any that they could spare. If not we will hopefully find some in the local store.
We are so tired of eating out, I personally long for a good home cooked meal. We will see what happens when we get Abby back to the states, I am already trying to figure out what she might like. Cup O noodles and uncle bens is about the only things that I can figure. We don't have congee, and if we do Faye and I don't know how to make it. You should see this girl suck down a bowl of that stuff, it is actually haliarious, I laught everytime I see her do it. I have to catch her on video so you all can see it, she puts that bowl up to her little mouth and fires away, I have yet to see her take the bowl away from her mouth without it being empty. Too funny.
Well I have to post some pictures so stay tuned>>>>>Todd

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Hey! Allrecipes.com has some great congee recipes!! We made some for Ainsley when we got home. After she had a pizza a few times though, overcooked rice didn't hack it anymore! Ha!