Sunday, April 12, 2009

Ni Hao from Wuhan, China

Faye and I departed Beijing this morning, took our uneventful 1 1/2 hour flight to Wuhan. We met our FTIA guide at the airport and off we went. Well we had to get money changed and we asked our guide if we could go to the bank, she made some phone calls and about a half hour later we arrived at the bank, well the funny thing is when instead of going to the counter and dealing with the teller we were met in the lobby with a guy with a satchel and there we stood more or less in the middle of the lobby exchanging thousands of dollars. Not exactly the most comfortable event in a country where you don't know anyone. I walked out of the bank telling Faye that we were going to get "THUMPED" all she could do was laugh.
It is raining in Wuhan, the traffic is just as bad if not worse than Beijing, we arrived at our hotel got checked in and came up to our rooms to get the large sums of money locked in the safe. Then I see Faye hit the bed and grunt, I sat down and these are the HARDEST beds I have ever felt, I thought they forgot to put the matress on the box spring. Not terribly happy about this at all.
We show up to our room and Faye is now out again (sleeping), not feeling good, I want to go roam around but it is raining so that is why you are getting news for Wuhan. Looks like it might rain for the next 2 or 3 days, GREAT!!!
Our guide told us we will meet Gabriella tomorrow at about 2:30 PM, Faye asked if her foster family will be there tomorrow, she isn't sure, so we will have to wait until the moment to find out. We are both getting nervous and wonder what kind of reaction she will have to us tomorrow. Expect the worst, hope for the best is what I think. I think the next 3 days will be very trying for all of us, but at least we have a guide that speaks Chinese that can help us.
No matter the nerves, I am really looking forward to meeting her, I can't wait to find out what makes her unique. I love to hear Alex talk and I am looking foward to hearing Abby talk. Hear those sweet little voices under the covers in their bedroom giggling at bedtime. Alex loves to have her little hunny buns pinched, I wonder if Abby will like that? I can't wait until the girls meet. >>>>>Todd

No comments: